August 30, 2020
Roswell OB/GYN is excited to welcome our newest physician, Dr. Patil! Dr. Patil received her medical degree at Texas Tech in Lubbock, TX. She completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patil, please call our office.
March 13, 2020
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Patient News
Effective March 16, 2020 Roswell ObGyn will be asking our patients to help decrease the chance of COVID-19 infection being spread within our offices. To do this, we need less people in our offices, including less staff. Here is our plan:
- Ask our gynecology patients to push back their routine annual Gyn appointments by 4-6 weeks.
- We’ll see Gyn patients for problems, BUT handle some of them without requiring an appointment.
- Continue to see our Obstetric patients for prenatal visits BUT ask them to not bring family and friends (we’d even like Dad’s to stay outside the office).
- We’ll continue to provide ultrasound services
- We’re going to adjust our providers’ and medical assistant schedules, to avoid having full staffing on any day. As you know, if we hear that one of our patients gets diagnosed with COVID-19, we’ll have to impose quarantine on any exposed staff. With current schedules, we’d then likely have to close the office. But if half our staff is not working any one day, we can remain open and be able to serve you.
This is a VERY fluid scenario. Bear with us and we can get through this together!!
We’ll post updates as needed.
Promoting social distancing, the providers of Roswell ObGyn
May 09, 2019
Zika cases have decreased in the Zika zones.
But what does the CDC say, as of today, on their website about our pregnant patients? Or those planning pregnancy soon?
“You Might be at Risk of Zika in The Bahamas
- The Bahamas has reported past or current Zika virus transmission.
- We do not have accurate information on the current level of risk. There may be delays in detection and reporting of new outbreaks.
- Because Zika is a cause of severe birth defects, CDC recommends pregnant women and couples trying to become pregnant within the next 3 months work with their health care providers to carefully consider the risks and possible consequences of travel to areas with risk of Zika.
- If you travel, you should strictly follow steps to minimize exposure to and prevent mosquito bites.
Learn more to protect against Zika in The Bahamas.”
6-8% of folks who get Zika during pregnancy have babies with CNS abnormalities. Send our patients to beaches here in the continental US.
Important News! – 1/8/2019
Many of you have asked when I’ll retire. My response has been when my wife let’s me come home for lunch. Well, she’s finally relented! I’ll complete 40 years of service to Roswell Ob-Gyn at the end of June 2019, so that’s when I’ll retire.
For me it’s been a great and seemingly quick 40 years. I have delivered many of your babies (I consider that an invitation to truly the first birthday party), performed surgeries for you, performed your annual and problem visits, and enjoyed many chats about a little bit of everything.
I am humbled by the confidence you have expressed by letting me be your “doc” It is a great honor and a source of pride to be allowed into your lives during important life events. Many of you I’ve known for almost the entire forty years. That’s why I address you as friends.
I’ll miss you all! The doctors of Roswell Ob-Gyn are all very capable and will serve you well after I retire.
I wish the
best for each of you. Thanks for believing in me.
It is with both great sadness and joy that I will be retiring from Obstetrics and Gynecology on December 28, 2018.
After 37 years of practice, I have decided to dedicate more time to my wife, 2 sons and 7 grandchildren.
My son Dr. Michael Echemendia lives in England with his wife and 3 sons, and my son Dr. Nicholas Echemendia lives in Birmingham, AL, with his wife and 4 daughters.
I leave behind a group of ObGyns who will take care of your needs for decades to come. With the warmest and best regards, I say goodbye to my patients.
Dr. Long’s recent marriage has prompted a name change. Her new name is Dr. Mary E. Eaccarino, MD
November 26, 2018
The last sixteen months our Certified Midwives managed 1,224 patients. 138 C-Sections and 14 VBAC’s giving them a C-Section rate of 11.3%. The primary C/S rate in the US is > 25%
August 31, 2016
Roswell ObGyn is excited and proud to announce that our Certified Nurse Midwives had a C-section rate of 9.35% from June 2015-May 2016 out of 876 patients that they cared for. Compare that to the national average which is 32%. We hope this emphasizes our commitment to minimizing primary C-section rates for the health and safety of both mothers and babies!
November 16, 2014
Roswell ObGyn (as part of AWHG) will begin providing screening mammograms 2015 at the Interchange office location.
January 06, 2013
All available: Flu vaccine (if in season), TDAP (tetanus and whooping cough), Cervical cancer vaccines, and Hepatitis A& B vaccine
January 01, 2013
High risk HPV testing – following age related guidelines